Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Caleb Brohlin's Safety Tips




Caleb was reading the story "Officer Buckles and Gloria" about a police officer who goes to schools and gives safety tips, and the officer's canine partner, Gloria. As a project, George had Caleb make his own safety posters. I was expecting warnings about seatbelts or don't play with matches, but this is what he came up with. Hmmmm...what has Caleb been reprimanded for in the past? I wonder...
Don't Rock on the Chairs
 I have issues with rocking on chairs and we've spoken to both kids about it before. I'm sure that the kids would survive any falls, but I try to put the fear of Mom into the kids anyhow (it's kind of my job.) I like the reaction of the one in this picture who doesn't rock. Facepalm.


Don't squeeze the kitt[e]ns

I love the kittens poster because Caleb has to be reminded of this pretty regularly. Luckily the kittens are pretty good-natured, but Caleb has a great imagination about what could happen; the kid in the picture has some awful scratches across his face.

In honor of Hannah's tenth birthday, today was just a half day of school. More later about how her celebration went. (I'm so sorry that her birthday is so close to Christmas...she was supposed to be born in January, but the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley.) I can't believe she's ten years old! Sometimes I can't believe that she's only ten years old. What did I do with myself before she came along? I'm kept busy somehow. I think I remember sleeping a lot more, but it's all kind of fuzzy. My dear, my darling is ten wonderful years old. I don't regret a minute of it. She's keeping up a great family tradition by making me laugh daily--when I'm not frustrated by her strong will and opinionated nature. But I even love all of that about her. Happy Birthday, Crazy Girl.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the photos are blurry. I need to get better quality transfers somehow...maybe not a camera phone? Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete