Tuesday, January 3, 2012


This is my lovely water-heater. Note: there is no tank. This has been a great money-saver for us, and I couldn't be happier. It does take a bit longer to get hot water upstairs, but I've never been concerned with that. I can wash my hands in lukewarm water as well as in hot water as long as I use soap. I've washed most of my clothes in cold water for years anyhow.

But the guy who installed it said that by law he couldn't set the hot water temperature any hotter than 120F. No problem. It was a hot summer.

But now it's a cold winter. I want it hot. I want it can't-stay-in-a-minute-longer hot. I want it burning-in-heck hot. Sometimes you just need to feel like a boiled lobster in the winter. Instead I feel like a slightly warm and clammy goldfish. (Sorry, couldn't find a decent comparison. Anyone got something better?)

The kids are old enough now not to scald themselves. I wish there had been some kind of release to sign to say that YES, we are adults, perfectly capable of scalding ourselves if we wish; there wasn't. So now I have to find the manual and figure out how to turn this puppy up, because what is winter for if not for getting colder than a mega-corporation's overseas expansion agenda and then diving into a hot, hot, hot tub.

Me!


No comments:

Post a Comment