Saturday, September 15, 2012

Embarrassing Your Kids: Lesson 2

Review: This was Lesson #1 in embarrassing your children.



 Here's #2.

I kept looking for Canadian police officers to take a photo with. They all have some pretty snazzy uniforms. They reminded me of the Kids in the Hall sketches with the police officers. They all had cool stripes on their trousers, very clean (the uniforms) and well fitting. Whenever I saw officers on the street, however, they were busy with actual "policey" things--go figure. This same scenario happened in Ottawa, St. Remi, and Quebec City.

In Ottawa however, we toured the Canadian Museum of Civilization. It was a really, really cool museum and provided me with the only opportunity I had to get close to Canadian Law enforcement; We stood next to the mannequin with the Mountie uniform.

Why was this embarrassing? Well there was a group of tourists from Italy that were watching us funny the whole time. Hopefully they thought we were Canadians being patriotic. I don't think that they did though. Americans are recognizable anywhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment